Re: [VAL] volt meter, region 7 rally

Usually for the RV you will be looking for 115 plus or minus what... or is
it 220 or nothing...and which lead is hot... and where is ground... all of
which will not take an expensive meter that might be accurate to 1 or 2
percent of full scale... get the cheapest Radio Shack or Harbor Freight VOM
(volt ohm, milliamp) unit for the tool box and if you like a meter that
will plug into the socket in the kitchen that will give you a range around
115vac that will warn you of under or over voltage...I would check the
camping supply outlets on the WWW for good pricing for the kitchen unit...
Getting a VOM and learning to use it is handy when the 12 volt circuits
start acting up as well... Although from experience, I recommend cleaning
all the cable contacts first whenever the signal lights act funny..

I refused to follow my own advice and bought probably a dozen different
meters over the 50 odd years I have been measuring voltage etc... I have
noticed that with new electronics, a fairly accurate meter is
available  for anywhere from $10 up depending on features and brand name...
paying a few more dollars to get one that an electrician might carry is
probably a good investment... more rugged and expected to take a knock or
two without quitting... I bought my better ones at Greybar... but any
industrial supply can fix you up....

Happy hunting

Jim