Re: [VAL] airconditioner compressors and NOISE...

I think you misunderstand the issue from my standpoint, Huff.

Seems you've combined a new idea for *camping* -- hit the woods and then hit
the stores! ;)  I doubt that would really be a possibility for most because
if they are that near the "shoppes" they can't be too far into the woods.

Have you ever traveled with lots of creature comforts or do you prefer to
camp on the ground with a thick foam pad under your sleeping bag and the
stars?  Do you go *camping* to get away from it all?  Or, do you go just to
get away and change the usual scenery?

I would suspect that if you own an Airstream trailer and I do not know if
you do or not or if you own an SOB for that matter, you got a "luxury"
camping vehicle or trailer so that you could continue to enjoy your
lifestyle. True?  Or, not?

Why were those people (can't be dogs running the campsite so there had to be
*people* with that VW) using a generator?  Did they have a real need?  Or,
do you think they just didn't care about who heard their "noise" in the
surrounding 5 miles near their chosen campsite?

Another question:  Were those people with their noisy generator and old VW
there before you?  Did they get their site before you even got there?
Maybe, just maybe, they had long term reservations for exactly where they
were camped.  Do you think any of this is at all possible?

Camping is a social thing for most of us who enjoy the outdoors and good
company.  But, camping can also be a very solitary thing to do when the
world bothers you.  Me?  I prefer social when I feel like it and solitary
when I feel like it.  I know there will be things I have to put up with
anywhere in the world but I don't let it bother me, if it's that bad I
change the scenery.

All of us have been victims of what I like to call "the good time gang" --
they usually arrive late at night and make lots of noise while they set up
their site not caring about those that had just fallen asleep in a quiet
park with the scent of pine in the air.  When morning comes and it looks
like it would be a rotten weekend if we didn't move ourselves to another
area, we move unless we see the "good time gang" packing their stuff so they
can get on down their road.

Do you have any electrical things in your trailer (if you even have an RV,
that is) that require 120 vdc?  If you have an air conditioner I would find
it difficult to believe that you'd never use it if you are within 5 miles of
another camper because you thought if you did you'd offend them.

We have to share space with our fellow citizens and good citizens make for
good neighbors and friendships that are hard to find nowadays.  Wouldn't you
agree?

Tom
WBCCI 5303