RE: [VAL] door latch 59 Flying Cloud, Denver repair shop for axel, aluminum LPG tanks

Steve,
If you are going to go with a conversion, you might consider staying
hydraulic but going to disc brakes.  Airstream has just announced that they
will offer new Airstreams as well as a dealer retrofit kit to install Kodiak
Disc Brakes along with the necessary electric to hydraulic actuator and
controller.  You can expect about $1200-$1500 for a single axle with each
additional axle adding a few hundred additional.  I did the investigation on
this idea about a year ago and turned Dickie Regel onto what I had found
when I was at the factory back in Oct.  Looks like they followed up.  Not
sure whose electric to hydraulic actuator Airstream is going to use, but I
was very impressed with MasterBrake's ElecDraulic unit which works with
their excellent BrakeSmart controller.  Although I have yet to convert our
Bambi from electric to hydraulic disc, it is on my list.

david