Re: [VAL] Airstream Trailer Question

My '60 Tradewind has the jalousie windows forward of the door and has a couch
across the center.

As to the door hinges, my trailer has the door opening towards the rear of the
trailer, necessary because of the placement of the louvered windows forward
of the door. It was my understanding that in the old days, caravanners
requested a forward opening door whenever possible because then, should the
door come open unexpectedly during travel, it wouldn't slam toward the rear
of the trailer and damage the hinges. The wind of movement would keep the
door against the trailer body. I believe that Wally made this change whenever
possible after that meeting when the request was made.

I don't know what the current policy is. Maybe latches are a lot better these
days?

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060
'60 Tradewind Twin