Re: [VAL] Replacement gas lines

David,

Rubber gas lines should only be used from the bottle
to the regulator. The rest is usually copper. I found
some aluminum gas lines internal to appliances on my
1971, but fortunately, no cracks.
I want to add this to what's already been suggested:
Trailers need safety checks, more often than what most
people give them. They shake, rattle and roll a
complete human habitat system down the road, and
things like battered gas  lines and chafing are normal
and to be expected, I guess.
Airstream trailers need their axles intact, and their
wheel assemblies balanced to prevent damages like
cracks and chafed lines, as well as loose rivets and
shifting interior parts. This unfortunately includes
the hubs and drums. They are normally not in balance,
and very heavy, as we all know.....imagine a 40lb hub
assembly rotating at road speed, that is not balanced.
Take this times 2,4 or times 6, depending on the
amount of wheels you have.
The resulting vibration and oscillation can easily
crack and chafe gas lines, fittings, cause leaks and
all sorts of other mischief.
It is difficult to find a shop that will balance the
hubs for your trailer, but it is well worth the
effort.