[VAL] Region 7 VAC Rally in Appleton, Wisc

Gang,

I don't want last week's 2004 Region 7 VAC Rally to pass into history
without publically thanking Ed Emerick and the Region 7 VAC gang for a
great rally.

Last year's Region 7 VAC rally in Waldo was our Pacer's public debut.
We had a ball, so this year's rally at Appleton was a "must".  [At Waldo
we would have won the "most decrepit trailer" award had there been one;
this year we at least had some progress toward restoration. For example,
the plumbing all worked!]

Since I am planning to polish Little Bubble within the next couple of
months, the polishing workshop alone was worth the price of admission
many times over.  It was great to see a side-by-side comparision of
various polishes and techniques.  Even the guys putting on the
demonstration--all of whom had polished one or more Airstreams--learned
a few things.  [And I think it will pay off for the commercial
sponsors--I ordered over $200 worth of polish and polishing bonnets last
week. . . ]

Like last year, the Open House was well attended and brought in several
potential Airstreamers as well as a couple of owners of older 'Streams
who were wondering where to turn for advice and assistance in
restoration.

Thanks again to the Region 7 WBCCI'ers who put on the rally.  And all
you midwestern Vintage owners--leave room in your calendar for the 2005
Region 7 VAC rally.  You'll be glad you did!

Best,
John & Barbara Sellers
WBCCI/VAC #1587
1960 Pacer