Re: [VAL] Water tank source?

    David,

    Try going to the http://www.ronco-plastics.com catalog to see if they
have a stock tank that might work for you.  If not, they can make a tank of
any design for you.

    I've had them make several tanks for me over the years and can attest to
their quality and customer friendliness.  You can have the fittings spun
into the tanks at any location and of any thread size.  These are rotomolded
tanks made from polyethylene and use fittings of the same material.  They
drill holes according to your direction and spin the fittings in, using a
hand drill and mandrel, effectively melting the two together creating a weld
that joins them into one leak-free piece.

    I might also add that the prices shown in their catalog are twice what
they'll quote you on the phone or if you visit them in person as I have.  I
was fascinated to watch the tank being made and then watch the fellow
install the fittings according to my need.  A tank takes 16 minutes to make
from beginning to completion and is the neatest thing you ever want to see
made.

    Additionally, all the fittings are included in the quoted price (half of
the catalog price) including a 3" O-ring sealed, threaded cap,  inspection
plate, but you have to ask for that one.

    I have no economic interest in Ronco nor do I work for them.  I have
simply done business with them and have sent many friends their way.

    In the case of one of my tanks, I transacted the entire deal by
telephone fax and credit card, getting the tank by mail on my doorstep
within 4-5 days.

    I hope this helps,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508