Re: [VAL] horizontal gas bottles

    Blair and all,

>>snip Not all states require the OPD valves.

    I thought the regulations were Federal.  Is each state able to interpret
the regs according to their own choosing?

    As far as the date stamp expiring on tanks, mine were and I had them
reinspected and stamped again recently.  The one thing the station fellow
was adamant about was not seeing any rust on the tanks.  I was in the middle
of sandblasting them and there was surface rust visible from that process.
I was told to remove them from the yard and return with them only when the
rust wasn't visible.  I came back the next day after applying a cursory coat
or two of aluminum paint from a spray can.

    That made the yard fellow happy.  He changed the old valves (30 pound
vertical tanks), date stamped and refilled both for $80.00.

    Glyn