Re: [VAL] horizontal gas bottles

I have a 34' Limited with horizontal tanks.

The law exempts them as well as horizontal tanks in motorhomes, also
  commercial tanks as in welding, fork lifts, etc.

Warning labels are rerquired.  Call the factory.  You can get the proper
warning labels required by law in most states from the service department.

Not all states require the OPD valves.

I have the proper labels on my tanks and they are inspected for leaks and
stamped accordingly.  Even with that some propane places, especially Flying
J, haven't kept up with the rules and still have the old sign posted that
says ALL tanks have to have the new OPD valve.
Wrong!!!!

 From the link below you can print out the current rules and use them when
necessary to educate the person filling your tanks or his/her manager..

The wholesalers generally pose no problem, generally I've found that gas
stations and little mom and Pop outfits don't have a clue.

Look up the wholesaler in the area.  You will probably not have any trouble
getting the tanks filled as long as they have been certified.  The
wholesaler is also the folks who do the certification for a few $$$..

If you have aluminum tanks DO NOT let them replace them.  Aluminum tanks
are costly and good for a good many years.

Good luck

Blair