Re: Fw: [VAL] tetford stool leak

Paul & Pam:  I recently had a leak from the back of my tetford in  my 69
Tradewind.  After taking the toilet out (an easy process) I found  that there was
a crack in the plastic valvue that controls water to the rest of  the toilet.
I looked around for replacement toilets, non would fit in the  space and
frankly non were of the quality of the old Tetford.  I ended up  cleaning the
valvue out really good and putting a epoxy along the inside of the  valvue and on
the outside of the valvue.  I put two coats over a 3 day  period of time.
After replacing the toilet, I put a quick shut off valvue  right where the water
comes in from the copper tubing.  When I ran water  through the repaired
valvue I now have a small leak that is a drop of water  every few seconds.  This is
much better than the steady leak.  I leave  the water to the toilet off until
right after use and then open the valvue for a  flush.
I don't know if my leak was the same as yours but my point is that it is
better to try to make a repair as the tetfords a high quality toilets and are
difficult to replace.

Tom Fairbank
1969 Tradewind