[VAL] Stuip Flordia Law

I have just found out that for a number of years I have been driving my Dodge
2500 Cummins Diesel illegally There is a law on the books that any truck with
a gross weight of over 8000 requires a"D" drivers license a standered FL
drivers license is a "E" license. I f an eager beaver cop pulla you over for a
traffic offence he can also charge you for driving with out the proper drivers
license. This is a second-degree misdemeanor which in the worst case could be
punished by 60 days in jail. at he least you would not be allowed to drive your
truck home. Almost none one including the dealers were awair of this law.The
big SUVs are exempt as they are considered passanger vechiles. I dont know what
effect if any this will have on out of state drivers.
My 1992 Dodge has a gross weight of 8510 lb I have to take another drivers
test and shell out $20.00 will make arrangements to take the test asap.
JIM SMITH