Re: [VAL] Steps

    Dan,

    My 1969 Caravel step appears to have two 3/4" square holes at either end
of the front of the step that for all the world appear to be for an
accessory added step.

    My guess is that it would have looked just like the swinging one but
would be removable.  I imagine it with a vertical plate on both ends, to
which two 3/4" boxed tubes are welded horizontally.  These two horizontal
pieces might then be slid into the two 3/4" holes.

    I just went out back and checked the underside of the step and behind
the 3/4" holes.  It appears to be free of anything that would prevent an
accessory step from being slid into place.

    Am I anywhere near getting this right?  Are these added steps still
available new/used?  Does anyone have a photo of what they should look like?
I've thought about making my own if I could get my hands on an image and
some measurements.

    I know this isn't what you asked about but thought I'd share my thoughts
on the same subject.

    My 85-year old mother in law recently declined to look around inside our
Caravel because of that missing step.

    Regards,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508