[VAL] towing with a Bravada

Dear Airstreamers:

Hi to everyone, I was a member of this list a few years ago but gave it up
for a while to rest my in-box.    I have a 4500 lb 27' 1969 Airstream. See
it at http://home.pipeline.com/~twin_wasp/Home1.htm.  (I should update that
page!)

Until now I have been towing with a 1998 Econoline Conversion van with a V8.
It tows well on the highway but gets stuck a lot in the rough. The van is in
pretty good shape, but seems to be developing chronic front end problems and
a few other annoying habits.  I tow a couple times a year on average.

Anyway, I have found a good deal on a very low mileage 2001 Oldsmobile
Bravada - which has a tow limit of 5100 lb.

My question - does anyone have experience towing a similar weight with a
Bravada - or a similar mid size SUV?  It has a 4.3 liter V6 at 190hp, and
all wheel drive.

		Ed