[VAL] Expandable Laundry Rack

When I bought my used Airstream, it came with what turned out to be a
unique attachment. On the curb side of the trailer, underneath the bedroom
window, are two vertical aluminum "channels". These turned out to be
brackets to hold an expandable anodized aluminum clothes rack. It works
great and really looks good on an Airstream. It looks like it belongs
there. It's perfect for those "no clothes lines" campgrounds.

You can see a photo of ours here:
http://www.pfredd.com/airstream/clothesrack.jpg

At least once per rally, usually more often, someone would admire it and
ask where they could purchase one. Unfortunately, I didn't know. I had
tried web searches, but to no avail.

Well, yesterday my wife Ann was browsing through the latest issue of the
Lillian Vernon catalog (we like to see all the tacky stuff :-), and she
discovered our clothes rack! For those of you that also received the
catalog (Vol 407), it is on page 45. It is item number 016691 407

You can also view it on-line here:
http://www.lillianvernon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=35436&addOn=407&categoryId=&catTree=&clearance=&sid=eas

ONE NOTE OF CAUTION:. It doesn't specifically say that it comes with
brackets, however the photo looks like it has them (you cant see the screw
heads) and the item description says "mounts easily with how-to's, hardware
included". It MAY be that it is only screw on, and not removable. I tried
calling Lillian Vernon, but the best I got was "Yes, it comes with screws"
*sigh*. Lillian Vernon has a good return policy, but I believe you would
have to pay for return shipping.

If anyone DOES buy one, please drop me an e-mail and let me know if it
comes with the brackets or not.

DISCLAIMER: I am passing this information on because I have been asked
dozens of times where the rack can be purchased. I have no connection
whatsoever with Lillian Vernon or the manufacturer of the Laundry Rack. I
make no money if you buy this. If you screw up your trailer installing
this, it's your fault, not mine. As always, you mileage may vary...  :-)

Dave & Ann Lowrey
WBCCI: 5074
1977 31' Sovereign International (center bath)
Cincinnati, Ohio