[VAL] Re:Battery boiling, Help !

Tom : Hi ! This is Tom B..I have a 1963 Safari.And I believe I am having some
electrical problems.And would like some in put. (I haven't owned this trailer
very long about two months or so).When I got the trailer it didn't have a
battery ,so I got one and had it put into the space provided by a R.V. service
place .The people there told me that the converter (inverter?) was working
fine.And it seemed that way.All of the interior lights worked on110 volt as
well as12 volt DC.( my light fixtures have one each 12 volt and one 110 volt)
But the thing that happened the other day,we had the trailer plugged into the
110 volt for a couple of days to see if the refrigerator would work.It works
fine. How ever after a couple of day I just happened to be walking behind the
trailer and notice some sort of "stuff" just below the battery box location.As
it turned out it was battery acid.Upon further examination it was discovered
that the batter was literally boiling and very hot. I've since disconnected the
batter ( removed it) and have the wires configured in such a way that I can use
110 current.But does anyone know why this happened or how to fix it ? Any and
all help would be appreciated. Thanks,Tom B.