[VAL] Battery management

Hi to all,

As the paycheques allow, I will be converting my Univolt to the Intellipower
with Charge Wizard (battery choices to be decided later).  Before I dive into
the project, I would prefer to design it out completely, thus I'm wondering if
there is a monitoring system available that will accurately state the number
of amps currently in use, as well as measure the battery's charge for number
of amp-hours available (either total amp-hours, or available amp-hours to 50%
battery depletion--or some such figure).

Also, I saw a posting on this site or Airstreamforums (can't remember) in
which the author showed how to keep the indicator light functional on the main
gauge panel after switching from Univolt to Intellipower--does anyone recall
this post?

Thanks for your help.

Gary H.
4slice ('77 31')