[VAL] trailer numbers - WBCCI red color

I'd like to discuss what others have done concerning the RED colored numbers
we use on our Airstreams that we get from the WBCCI folks.

I have noticed, and I don't think I'm the only one, that these RED numbers
don't seem to last "like they used to" - either that or my life really is
flying by at the speed of light.  The numbers today seem to last but a few
seasons before they attempt to curl up and die - not really DEAD but they
look awful after a few seasons.

What have you done in regards to this issue?  Have you just reordered new
numbers from WBCCI and installed them once again?  Or, have you done
something "unique" to solve what to me might be just a personal dilemma?  I
don't like the looks of anything shabby on my Airstream 34' FK classic
travel trailer.  I like things neat and in their place and I love a neat
looking rig like most if not all of you do, too.

I have given some thought - dangerous, I know! - to the idea of seeking out
a sign shop to make these numbers out of a better grade of vinyl (if that is
the problem with the WBCCI numbers) at least.  I have also thought about
having a vinyl sheet made in a rectangular shape with the RED numbers in
place, again made by a vinyl graphics shop.  With the wide body trailers it
would seem that this type of design would lay flat and install easily - I
would hope anyway.

Or, I have also thought about cutting out my own RED numbers from a sheet of
*reflective* RED material that is also made of vinyl which has its' own
adhesive on the backside of the vinyl material.

As far as the *reflective* RED material goes I think it would look really
nice AND be unique at the same time.  My numbers would then "glow in the
dark" you might say! ;)  I have even thought of adding a very small
*reflective* WHITE outline to the RED reflective numbers for an added touch.
;)

The RED reflective numbers could double as an added safety measure
especially in low lighting situations and/or if your lights on the rear of
the trailer fail and you don't know about it yet.

The RED and WHITE reflective colors would be the same as the red and white
stripes you see on the sides and rear of tractor trailers which can be seen
for a great distance.

What do you think?  What have you done if you have not been happy with the
numbers supplied by the nice people at WBCCI?

Thanks in advance to all who address this issue.

Tom

WBCCI 5303