RE: [VAL] Water fill cap.

Glyn,

I have a 1969 29' International Ambassador.  There was NO security chain at
all attached to these caps -- there is no place on these caps *originally*
for that to be done as MY cap is the real McCoy and would most like fit your
trailer just fine.

How about measuring the O.D. of the stand pipe below the threads so we will
know what sized pipe we are talking about.  I can take my cap to a machine
shop and get the thread pitch read and you could also do that on your end IF
you have a thread pitch gauge or can borrow one.

You know, a black steel pipe cap of the appropriate size just might fit the
stand pipe and have the same thread pitch -- I can't see Airstream NOT
putting something so *standard* on our trailers back in those model years.

The black steel pipe is available at Lowe's or Home Depot and is used for
natural gas in homes today.  It is painted black and is NOT galvanized which
will be safer for your use on the trailer.  The galvanized pipe is very
hardened and can't even be used for pipe clamps whereas the black pipe can
be used as you are able to get a good bite into the metal with pipe clamps,
vice-grips, etc.

Let me know if I can help you.  OK?

Tom