[VAL] Tow vechiles and fuel milage

A while back there was some duscussion About tow vechile vechiles and milage
I have used a 82 disle suberan 2 wheel drive which never got over 18mgh empty
and 10mpg towing. I have nowv a Dodge 2 wheel drive standard cab Cummins
Diesel. I just completed a 2600 mile trip to go to the WW2 dedication Did not tow
the trailer and picked up several hunderer board ft of oak lumber to bring back
I was amaised that my MPG was in the excess of 26MPG.Normaly around town I
get 21-22 mpg. towing I normaly get 15-18 MPG.I still doubt that any 4WD would
come near to that. Also the extry hight makes axcess in and out of the cab
difficult for us who are appriching our 4 score years on this earth. Meby we old
timers should just stay put.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)