Re: [VAL] black tank valve gate

 Aw shucks , Gary , I`m sorry to hear the gaskets didnt work out . Cause I
was waiting to hear of your success and then get some for mine ! I guess the
fix is to grind out the old brass one and glass in a new plastic fitting and
go new from there . I dont know the part numbers ,but I`m soon to find out
because the time is coming to put mine back in . The old hold down screws on
the top fitting (for the toilet ) are snapped on mine and someone has
screwed a plastic one like for a house on top of the fiberglass shroud I`m
hoping that fix will be ok , but I suppose I should grind that out too while
the tank is out . Funny how they put the screws thru that shroud and glassed
the thing in under it , your kinda scewed when they break off . Rust of 41
years wasnt planned on I suppose .
    Sounds like a nice weekend ....
Chris 63 flyng cloud