[VAL] black tank valve gate

I have asked about this subject before only more related to rebuilding
and replacing seals on the existing brass valve gate on my black tank.
Well, it seems to be leaking after the second clear water holding test.
It has been almost a month since I tested it after replacing the three
seals and reattaching it to the black tank. I plan to take it out and
check and replace seals as needed again as maybe one is slipped or
pinched, but my question this time is what are my options if it still
does not work? Is there a modern version all be it plastic that will fit
the existing bolt pattern on my 1962 black tank? At some point I think
there was some mention of an adapter that would fit in between the tank
and the new valve?  An all new valve is starting to sound like the
safest way to hit the road for the first time. I still think the brass
valve has the possibility to be rebuild, but maybe it is just an old
style part that has seen better days.
Hopefully this is a common fix on a high wear part that many list
members have dealt with and can offer some suggestions on the best fix.
Thanks,
Gary Campbell
62' Safari double
Portland, Maine