Re: [VAL] 62 Bambi interior question

    Stephanie,

    Thanks Bill for getting me off my duff.  I did see your post of earlier
today but thought that you wanted it to be 100% original.

    In the case of my Gaucho, I used heavier plywood for the pull out berth
and chose a different way to secure it in the stowed/deployed position.  In
short, I drilled three holes along the forward edge (closest to the front of
the Caravel).  With the berth pullout stowed, I match drilled through the
bottom plywood (3/4" birch veneer plywood used for both pieces) and use
three 1/4" pins made from long stainless steel bolts with the heads and
threads cut off.  I drilled a small hole at one end of these pins and
inserted a ring cotter in each.  I use these handles or ring grabbers to
remove the pins more easily.  When the berth is deployed, I use the same
three holes, but insert them into three more matching holes in the frame
below.  In both cases the pins act to keep everything where it should be.

    I have detailed plans I made from copious measurements and numerous
photos I took when visiting the Brandt's in San Diego and their 1969
Caravel.  I'd be pleased to share the scanned images of both with you, just
ask and I can send them back channel.

    Go for it,

    Glyn