[VAL] 67 door locks and other stuff

Well, I finally have my airstream home, after owning it for over a year! I
even slept in it the other night, in my driveway, to test out the bed, and
to see what other things need to be done, that I had no noticed before. A
seal around the door is one, and the toilet installed! So, questions.

1967 Safari international

The door seal looks to be not difficult, per the archives, but a small
problem with the locking mechanism also needs to be dealt with. The door
has a locking doorknob, but this only locks from the outside. Below the
locking doorknob, there is a deadbolt affair, but it is missing the outside
piece, and the inside piece does not turn the middle pieces. I went and
looked on the VAC faq page, but the page does not seem to address the
separate lock below the hand set. I gather that the bargman L-200 is the
handset part. Is there a special type of bolt to go in this hole? Or do I
just go down to the not-so-local locksmith?

On my trailer, there is a water tank filler at the front, and in the
manual, it shows a picture in the back of a water inlet hose, along with
pressure relief valves, ect. I gather that you fill up the tank in the
front with your own trusty hose, and the water pump pumps water out of it.
The hose in the back is where you attach the city/whatever water, and the
pressure from that line is what pressurizes the trailer. Correct?

The nasty...
The toilet is off, as I gather something broke/leaked. It looks like I have
the original, which is all plastic, and a replacement, which is porcelain.
Before I go and put a pot back on the hole, I figure that I should inspect
the black tank for leaks, ect. Is the easiest way to do this to simply put
some water down the hole, and see where it goes. But, before I do that, I
imagine I should look to see if I will be able to get the water and
assorted nasties *out* first! Hopefully, the PO had drained the tank and
given it a wash before taking the pot off!

That should do for starters...

Sharon, in BC
1967 Safari