[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #253 - Liability insurance on travel trailer?

What company is that?

According to my co. (Progressive) there is no such thing as vehicular
liability insurance for noncommercial trailers. You can get homeowner's-like
insurance but that is coverage like you have on a fixed house, such as to
cover the neighbor's kid who falls off your trailer's bumper while it is
parked.

The question came up when discussing titling a travel trailer with Oregon
DMV, whose employees (2 of them) insisted that I had to show proof of
liability insurance to register my TT. 2 Oregon Progressive agents assured
me that not only was it not required (no space on the title/registration
app for insurance info), it was not available.
They explained that liability insurance on a TT was similar to that
included in a homeowner's policy; that it was part of TT coverage that is
available. They also explained that this liability insurance would not cover
a moving accident; that only the tow vehicle's insurance covered that.
The only way TT liability insurance would cover a collision would be in a
situation where the trailer was parked and rolled away or a windstorm threw
it into someone else's property.
Al