[VAL] T handle on Waste valve

Karl,
On my 62' Safari the T handle is basically a small metal tube with a
large spring clip acting as the top of the T that is what you pull on,
and the other end being the tube that slides over a rod (which is
square) coming out of the waste valve body that is attached by another
small spring clip. My tank was accessable by a panel that was screwed on
to the belly pan. Sounds like all you need to do is replace that sping
clip. You may have to push or punch out the remains of the old clip.
Slide T handle through side hole in belly pan and install with new
clip.(Any hardware store, look's like a small tube with a slit running
the length of the tube). I am not sure what else you might find after
removing the panel...That's always the fun part. I had to replace all of
my gaskets in my brass valve gate because of a small drip drip leak .So
that had to come out also for me to do that.  I had been applying
penetrating oil for several months before to prep the screw head bolts
for removal. The bolts were easy to remove  maybe because of the brass.
I would not think there is anything attached or held in place by a body
panel. Twenty five bolts one at a time. That should slow removal down
enough to be able to observe what's inside while you are removing the
panel. Hope that helps..
Gary Campbell
62' Safari
Portland, Maine