Re: [VAL] replacement A/C

In my 69 safari, this was untrue. I ordered the penquin based on this email.
I had to cut a 14 x 14 opening and fabricate a 1 3/4 inch wood frame to get it
to work. This was not a simple job, and I consider myself a seasoned mechanic
and i am a licensed electrician.
 Now, since the penguin did not make an exact fit, I have unsightly gaps in
my ceiling that I need to fill in.
The penguin controls also had to be bent to allow for the roof design. This
created the oppurtunity to drill out the knob opening to allow for the tapered
ceiling, so the knobs would fit.
The original a/c had the condenser and coils both above and below the
ceiling. the only holes in the roof were the ones for the fan shaft (3/4 inch), the
refrigerant lines (2 inch), and two small holes for the electrical. I cut all
this area out to allow for the penguin.
Don't get me wrong, the penguin is cooling great now, but it is far from an
exact fit!!!