RE: [VAL] Satellite Service?

Dave,

I've gotten behind in reading my emails so I just saw yours last night.
I know you've gotten several replies but thought I would add mine to
your research in case you haven't made a decision yet.  We have DishTV.
We've been very pleased with them and appreciate their quality technical
service.  Of course, this is the first time we've had Satellite so we
have no comparisons with other providers.  I checked with the company to
be sure it would be legal to take the receiver with us when we travel.
It was.  So we bought the extra Satellite dish which we leave with the
trailer and just take our receiver from home with us.  No additional
monthly fees on our bill.  No problem with not having it hooked up to a
phone.  We rarely watch pay-per-view, but we still could by calling up
and ordering a movie.  We're lucky that our service is out of Atlanta.
Apparently for local channels they are going to spot beam for each city
which can't be received on the road without a major hassle of changing
to a local address and then changing back when you get home.  Atlanta
and most of the larger cities are not spot, so we get all our channels
on the road.  If your home service receives programming from two
satellites, be sure you get the dish which can pick up both.  Otherwise,
you'll have to switch from satellite to satellite to view all the
programming you're used to.  That would be a hassle.

We missed getting to the WDCU rally last year and won't be going this
year either.  I hope you've been having some good trips.  We've missed
seeing you and Ann.

Kiki Pollard
'75 Excella 500
Madison, GA