Re: [VAL] Satellite Service?

Hi Roger,

I've not yet taken advantage of using a reciever in my trailer, but intend
to do so shortly.  It costs an extra $5 a month for an extra receiver -
supposedly in my bedroom?  Anyway, I have three receivers and that required
a quad lnb at the dish.  Yes, it cost me, but I got to keep the original
dual lnb dish (just between the installer and myself).  Still have room for
one more receiver.  Different family members choose their own programming.
My Mom wants church, wife wants love, and I want westerns!

I'm seldom able to get regular TV when I camp without subscribing to the
nightly surcharge.  So, I'm thinking of replacing the Safari standard roof
top antennae with one of the Camping World roof top models, think it would
cost about $129 or something like that with a regular price of $229?  Do you
have any experience with the roof top dish?  Certainly not period
restoration correct, but .  .  .

Otherwise, I'll have to do the tripod pole mount that I see frequently.  The
satellite companies are getting pretty good at very small regional service.
I think it's based on zip code, but if the receiver works away from the home
slot, why not go for it.

Guess there's only two things left in life that are important to oldsters
like me and that's TV, Internet (e-mail), and cowboy action shooting! :)
Well, some like golf, but I don't favor toys without noise anymore.

                         '69 Safari, Joy