[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #233 - Sharpers

I recently experienced something like this.
I needed a cable pulley for a garage door lift. Upon contacting every
garage door company in the area I was told that either they had never
heard of the make of the door or of its manufacturer, or that the maker
was out of business.
I did find that the company had been bought out by another well known
garage door maker. The place I called was the former plant of the company
that had made the door. They referred me to the new owner's parts
warehouse in another state. The warehouse told me that they had plenty of
the pulleys in stock for immediate shipment to their local dealer. They
also told me that the doors that use the pulleys and other parts were in
current production.
The local dealer for the company was one of the door suppliers I had
originally called in my area! They had told me that the maker was out of
business and that the part was no longer available!
Of course you know what the deal was. They hoped to sell me an entire new
door by telling me that the old door could not be repaired.
Fat chance I took my business to them.
Al