[VAL] Gaucho installation

    All,

    I've started the installation of my Gaucho and have a question.  First
of all, the front area had been redone and none of the original stuff was
there and I'm working from photos and drawings with dimensions I made from
another 1969 Caravel.

    What I don't have a photo of is how the shelf under the front window is
held in place.  It's the one with the flat length of 80 1/2" and is 8 1/2"
deep.  My photo is from above that shelf with the back rest flipped up.  Had
I had the camera a foot or two lower, I might have captured the fastening
manner.

    With the weight of the cushion and wood backing hinged to the 4" high
lip attached to the shelf, that's a lot of weight to support from little L
brackets I see were used elsewhere.

    Can anyone tell me how it's secured and if it has much structural
integrity with all that weight?

    Thanks,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508