[VAL] Seals for Bronze Valve

After two two unsuccessful visits to a Napa store and a Plumbing supply
house I stopped in to Gowen Marine on the docks in Portland, Maine. I
was getting to the end of the day and I tried to be as brief and clear
about my special project as I could to the guy behind the counter. He
took one look at the contraption and fortunately he was able to suggest
another company locally and even made a call in advance to feel out
their willingness to take a look further. So, Seals Unlimited, Inc. on 2
Evergreen Drive in Portland Maine 04103  1-800-346-1604 fax
1-207-774-9529 supplied me with three new seals for my forty two year
old black tank valve. None of this is reinstalled as of today but I will
report on success or failure sometime next week.  I can only imagine
that the large sliding door O ring would be the one that is either a
little too big...or a little too small.
The numbers are:  (1) OB7-331     $ .42
                            (1) OB7-160        .95
                            (1) OB7-139        .34
O stands for O ring
B stands for (buna)
7 stands for...70D ...size I think
They also charged me 5.00 for counter service but he was very happy That
I brought an extra pair of rubber gloves. I did some serious scrub time
in a parts washer before but you never know. Minimum order is $15.00 and
he wrote on the invoice the it was 60's Airstream related. I mentioned
there may be other inquires if this seal transplant works. Those seal
numbers are industry standards so I suppose any mid size metropolis will
have a company like Seals Unlimited. Wish me Luck.
Gary Campbell
62' Safari
Portland, Maine