[VAL] Split Rims

Let's just say that "original in the way of split rims is a realllly bad
idea". My friend who did some work for me on one of the trailers told me a
story about a guy he use to work with in trucking who literally had part of
his face taken off when a split rim went astray. They blow.....ask one of
the gas station attendants in a rural area what the cage behind the station
is for. They would be separated from the rims when changing tires...so that
something horrible wouldn't happen. Now, the rims are still very much used
in agriculture, since they are thought to be easier to change. I have
replaced over 12 sets of rims on my own trailers from splits. I suggest we
all be carful and follow Geralds advice.

Wendy
Rancher
AirstreamAddict