[VAL] Battery Questions

One of the two Marine/RV batteries in my trailer has died. I bought both of
them about three years ago. They are "Energizer" brand. Size is group 24.

I have several questions:

o - Someone told me I should replace both, because if I was boondocking the
"better" new battery would discharge trying to charge the older battery.
True of False?

o - I plan to add Solar sometime soon. I will most likely add two of the
"non-venting" (Glass Mat?) batteries to the two I already have. Is it OK to
mix Lead/Acid and Glass Mat, or do I have to go to all Glass Mat?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated....

Dave