Re: [VAL] 1970 Globe Trotter Land Yacht

Greetings Harry!

Welcome to the world of Vintage Airstreaming!

There were only a limited number of Coleman air conditioners for which drip
pans were ever available, and that was several years ago according to my
understanding - - from what I have been able to learn, none of the current
model Coleman air conditioners are supported by Airstream with condesate
drain pans.  I know neither of  the Coleman air conditioners that I have on
my coaches had the option of drain pans.  Living in the Mid-Mississippi
Valley, my air conditioners produce quite a bit of condesate that drains
down the sides - - on the Airstream is has posed no problem so long as I
keep the coach Walbernized (it was polished and Plasticoated by the Ruths
about three years ago) - - on the Argosy, it is a problem in that it
produces rust stains on the painted sides of the coach that must be polished
out each time the coach is waxed.

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.10
Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter
V8/2.70 Final Drive)