[VAL] Introduction

Hi Folks,

I'm glad to have found this list as I've always been an admirer of the older Airstream
trailers. From looking at the archives, there are quite a few folks here that are
restoring old units as well as travelling in them.  I am currently looking for a new
trailer as my previous one (not an Airstream) was totalled by a drunk driver about a
month ago.

One of the trailers I am seriosly considering is a 1979 Argosy Minuet.  It's listed as a
20' so I suspect from the photos I have seen that it is a Minuet 6 metre.  Configuration
is rear bath with a couch across the front and one down the door side.  Rear bath with
the kitchen down the street side.

This would be a working trailer, that is to say, I want to keep it in good repair so that
it can be used.  I'm not interested in maintaining a showpiece.  The trailer I am looking
at has a dent in one corner over the front windows (cosmetic only as far as I can tell).
It looks like the previous owner ran into a tree branch or garage door or something of
the sort.  It needs a new cooling unit on the refrigerator.  I know where to get that. It
needs to have an air conditioner added for my use.  That's a bit expensive but doable.
Flooring seems solid from what I can tell.

My questions to the group are:

What other things should I be checking for?
Are there any systems peculiarities that I should be on the watch for?  Odd valves?
Pressurized fresh water systems rather than water pumps? etc.

The trailer I get will generally be used about 2 to 3 weekends a month and must be
completely self contained.  Any info you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Regards,

Bob Hupp