[VAL] side winder jack

I while back someone wrote that they got a side winder jack. I am looking
for a new manual jack and found out the hard way that the new Atwood top
winder jack will not clear my propane tanks. The side winder models
available seem to have a 2000# max. I am thinking that this low of a limit
would make it difficult to lift the rear of my loaded 3/4 ton truck high
enough to install the weight distribution bars. Does anyone know of a top
winder with a shorter handle, or a side winder with a capacity greater than
2000#? I would really hate to spend $300 on an electric jack!

Scott