[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #193

Hi Amanda,

Where on the east coast is he picking it up? I live on Long Island.
I have a 54 Flying Cloud, and although it had a full bath it was never
plumbed to be used with hoses at a campground! The previous owner had
rigged up a metal pipe with an elbow that screwed onto the waste pipe
(that just stuck out the bottom, straight) so that one could push the
hose (without a connector) onto the pipe and secure it with a clamp.
The grey drained into the same outlet.

The electrical cord was different also. It used a marine style
connector and was separate from the trailer.

The most important thing he should take is a tool box with everything
he can fit!!!! With a 50's trailer you have to be prepared for
anything! Mine was supposed to have all working systems also and I
found that almost every water pipe leaked. Duck tape, plumber's tape,
electrical tape, etc. all needed. It will be an adventure! I drove to
Colorado three weeks after I bought the FC and every day and night
something different came up! I loved it!

Patti