[VAL] another wood finish question

I have a 1960 with the oak interior. It has never had a stain or a finish on
the wood. The papers that came with it instructed to use an oil on it...if
memory serves me it was Watco. Not finding Watco, over the last few years I
have used Lemon oil, but the wood has deepened in color and looks very nice
while the oil is still fresh, but after a few days the look fades away and
the wood is still very dry. It also gets water spots in it whenever a stray
drop hits it.

What can I do short of putting a finish on the wood that would both
moisturize it and protect it from getting water spots?

Scott