[VAL] Re: Clearcoat question

Graeme -

In a word, Yes, the plastic lenses need to be protected (not
necessarily removed). I found that using high quality (blue) masking
tape to completely cover the running lights worked quite well. The
Napier stripper is environmentally safe, in that it decomposes to
hydrogen & water, and in my case left only some old clearcoat bits on
the concrete driveway. A shop vac picked that gooey mess right up,
and presumably no local critters were harmed by what went down the
gutter.

That _doesn't_ mean the stripper is harmless - it can, after all,
lift clearcoat! I have sparkling running light lenses, but
unfortunately also have a few permanent souvenirs of the stripping
process in the form of small flecks on the lexan front window rock
guard, and on the left taillight lens of my Suburban. You can hose
the Napier right off the trailer, along with the clearcoat, but make
sure you hose it off _everything_ that's any kind of plastic, or you,
too, will have souvenirs. But I'd a lot rather have a few of those
mementos than the peeling clearcoat and uneven finish pre-Napier.

Stan