[VAL] Bookbinding my owners manual

    All,

    This is an FYI for those of you who have a tattered owners manual as bad
as mine was.

    About mid February I sent what was left of my loose paged owners manual
(every page was there.....barely) to a bookbinder and just got it back
yesterday with a nice dark green hard cover on it.  They even printed

                                    Airstream Caravel
                                 1969 Owners Manual

on the cover and spine in nice white letters.

    I know, I know, it ain't original anymore but the three rings going
through the holes someone had punched in it years ago were eating it alive.
Some of you might have ones in similar condition with loose pages and all.
After putting all those pages in order, they cut the three edges ever so
slightly, making a crisp new look to it and then added cover sheets front
and back under the hard cover.

    I can't remember what they charged me but whatever it was, it wasn't
enough for the great job they did.  I can tell you that the whole thing was
well under $20.00.

    The folks that did it are:

    Long's-Roullet Bookbinders
    Attn: Karen Lauderback
    2800 Monticello Avenue
    Norfolk, VA 23504
    Phone: 757.623.4244, fax 757.627.1404

    Tell them that I recommended them and if after hearing my name, they
don't slam down the phone on you, they might just treat you as good as they
did me.

    I have no economic interest in their company, I just thought I'd pass my
good fortune on to you all.

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel
    Santa Monica CA