Re: [VAL] (no subject)

Hi Andy,

Like my Safari restoration, it takes a long time to get some things done.
Especially when work and other hobbies get in the way.  For example, I
travel to Los Angeles next Friday for my work and return about April 3.
Then finish my taxes before the 15th, do some Cowboy Action Shooting &
reloading, and just maybe the spring grass growing will go slow and give me
some time for restoration. (Whew!)

Yes, I have the axle from Dexter  for the '69 Safari and will get started on
it's installation in the near future .  The axle is rated 10 % over the
Henchen (per your advice), has a 32 degree down angle, and an optional
parking brake.  However, the shock tab faces down rather than up.  Don't
think it's a big deal as the dampening is the important thing.  Not being an
engineer, I have no idea if the orientation will affect the performance of
the shock.

Working alone, it will be a bit testy as the axle is quite heavy and
backward to handle.  However, if I can trust my measurements and
specifications, the replacement will work just fine and closely approximate
the Henchen.  Just need to drill a new mounting hole in the existing
mounting plate to complete the installation.  The parking brake is another
matter that I'll have to figure out how to accomplish.

During the interim, I use a '74 Argosy 22 with bad tandem axles.  Not a
great layout with the rear door entry, but it does get me camping.

More than you asked, but this is the way I am .  .  .

Regards,

                                                          Joy