[VAL] Surfing Safari 1969

Hello, my wife and i just purchased a 1969 23ft Safari. It is our first
travel trailer.
It is in needs a lot of love and work. I am currently  replacing the flooring
and repairing the cabinets.
We have ordered an owners manual, but we cannot find any airstream parts
catalogs, a "How to restore an Airstream For Dummies", or a detailed parts
website. I may be looking in the wrong places. I called our local AS dealer (4-hours
away) who asked me to bring him the parts i would like to replace for proper
matching and identification. Is this the only way?

I also need replacement furniture. My "local" dealer can only offer furniture
that is available in the new models..

Suggestions on door & window seals, caulking, and polish for a badly oxidized
skin would also be helpful.

I have already learned a great deal from just reading the last two days of
replies and questions. This posting system is great.

I am sorry if I am asking for too much in one email, any replies, no matter
how small, would be helpful. My wife and I are just anxious, and excited about
getting our new baby on the road to the beach!!!
Thank you!!
Chris & Monica