[VAL] optima batteries - inteli-power - chargewiz

Last night I began a hoped for great relationship with a new to me product,
the Optima blue-top RV and Marine Deep Cycle battery or in our case,
batteries.

This design of battery has no fluids to check and it can be mounted in almost
any direction that suits your needs.  I received a 10% discount from Advantage
Autoparts which saved me almost $30.00 for the pair of batteries - our 34'
Classic uses two deep cycle batteries to run things when not hooked up to AC
power.

Next, I want to look into the Inteli-Power converter along with the Charge Wiz
so that these expensive batteries last a very long time if that is at all
possible.  I have confidence in the Optima product and these came with a
no-hassle 3 year free replacement warranty.  After three years it would be
pro-rated according to how long I've had them, etc.

Our Classic 34' Airstream has the Front Kitchen rather than the side galley
all the others have and we really love this layout because for one, the chef
can have the entire front end to work without others trying to slide by as
we've experienced with the side galley in our '69 Intl Ambassador which is 29
feet in length.

Underneath the front kitchen sink which is centered in back of the front
window is a raised shelf.  It is at the outer edges of this raised shelf where
the house batteries are stored in their separate cubbyholes which are accessed
only from the outside of the trailer.  The housing for these cubbyholes is a
solid piece of black plastic material.  It looks like the access door provides
the needed ventilation for the batteries as there is no rubber tube hooked up
to a screened vent like we have in our 1969 29' Intl Ambassador model
Airstream so that is a good thing in my book.

What I am trying to find out now is this:  how does anyone access the
*converter* which came with our 34' Airstream?  I can't seem to find the
*secret* passage door that leads to where the converter 'lives'. ;)

I will most likely remove and replace the standard converter in the coming
months but for now when the trailer is in storage I will hook up the AC lines
about 12 hours per month to keep the batteries topped off.  I'd prefer to just
leave the trailer plugged into the AC power all the time and I would IF I have
the Inteli-Power and Charge Wiz installed.  But I can't install what I can't
see! ;)

Does anyone on this list KNOW how to access the CONVERTER which lives under
the front shelf of our Airstream?  Has anyone here done this job before?

And - are you totally happy with your Inteli-Power converter and Charge Wiz
products?  What would you change if you could?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
WBCCI 5303