Re: [VAL] Call All Late 80s Airstream Owners -- Electrical Problem

Jim,

What is involved in installing the IteliPower/Charge Wizard?  I've got an
original converter in our 1995 Classic that I'm thinking of replacing due to
the fact that you can't leave it plugged in all the time - the owner's
manual warns about doing that due to electrolyte evaporation, etc.

I am going to purchase and install the new type of Optima deep cycle
batteries, I need two of them in our 34' Classic.  From my reading the only
difference between the Yellow tops and the Blue tops is this; the Blue top
Optima deep cycle has a stainless steel threaded rod to attach things like a
trolling motor for a boat, etc.  The Yellow tops will work fine for me.

As for the InteliPower/Charge Wiz I think I will opt for the largest
amperage output I can - just because.  I never know when I will need that
extra boost of power on this trailer that we plan to keep for a very long
time.  Our model is the Front Kitchen style which we just love.

Thanks in advance to Jim or anyone else who feels like filling in the
details for me here.

Tom