Re: [VAL] Roof AC removal

Hi Ruth:

I removed mine and it kinda depends on where yours is installed.  Is it
through an existing vent hole or installed in an extra hole through the
roof?  Fortunately for you the roof vents on a '61 should be square and
easily (!) replaced with an original vent or a Fantastic vent (in my case
the vent corners were rounded which made a much more difficult job of it).
If in a separate hole, I suppose you would want to just patch the skin
inside and out.  Olympic rivets on the outside and pop rivets on the inside.
I placed the holes a little over 2" apart.  On the roof you will not need to
be as particular about the quality of the material in the patch unless you
are a purist <grin>.  Seal the roof patch with Vulkem before riveting it on
and away you go.

I'll be glad to send a pic or two of my little window AC setup if you like.
Lemme know.  Works great.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA