[VAL] Rear tire Spare

Adding a rear spare tire will add about 100lbs to the bumper and  it is a
good idea to brace up the rear bumper by welding on some additional
structural support.  Not so much for the extra weight but because of the
stress from the flexing of the tire, etc. when on the road.  One can
compensate for the loss of hitch weight (if there be any) by using  an
equalizer hitch or adding weight up front if necessary.  Be sure and
actually determine hitch weight before making any decisions.  When I
considered adding a rear spare  to my '56 Bubble I found that my tongue
weight was100 plus lbs to much so the  spare was going to solve two
problems.  Even tho a light weight trailer at 2500 lbs I still added the
Reese Distribution hitch and maybe went a little overboard adding the
dual cam sway control system.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC