Re: [VAL] solar

Dan ,
   I`m a big believer in solar powered airstreams , I`ve done three over now and
I`m pleased with the results ,giving me more options camping w/o hookups .
However , there is no way that you can get enough batteries and panels in or on
an airstream to totally do away with the propane for cooking , heating . You
might get away with a microwave and a fridge , either a 12 volt fridge or run on
110 with an inverter . Probably about 4 batterys , at least 4 panels . Check out
rvsolarelectrics website they can help with the math , watts per hour , sun in
your area . Might check into Jim Smith `s tongue mounted generator set up , but
I think he uses an alcohol stove for cooking , along with the microwave . Ask
him about it .
Chris Elliott
2 unisolar 65 watt panels 2 remote mounted 85 watt BP panels 2 gel batteries
solarboost 2000 controller
63 Flying Cloud  ( 67 caravel for Sale ! )