[VAL] hello from a new member...

Greetings to all --

Though I've been on the list for a few weeks, reading
only, I wanted to now introduce myself -- because I just
recently became the proud owner of my first Airstream!
A dream of mine for many years...

It's a beautiful 1967 Safari Twin (22'), "International" model,
with a gorgeous aqua interior!  I looked long and hard, and
found just the right one for me.  One thing I learned along
the way:  Airstreamers are the nicest people in the world!

Thanks to all who helped me out there, both by phone and
through this wonderful list.  And I look forward to learning
more from the group as I begin my new adventure...  :-)
*especially* about polishing!  That will be my first order
of business once temperatures allow here in Minnesota --
beginning with stripping that optional '67 clear-coat.
(The interior's so nice, I don't think it needs a thing.)
By late May, I hope to be able to shave in the reflection!

best regards,
Graeme Thickins
*Minneapolis, MN  *San Clemente, CA
'67 Airstream Safari "International"
'90 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "woodie" (black) - tow vehicle
'65 VW Woodie Wagon (yellow) - tow vehicle wannabe!