[VAL] On the subject of water heaters....

Hello All,

Once again I need the help and advice of this brilliant group.

Our trailer is a 1961 Tradewind.  It has the original Atwood water heater
under the rear bed.  The PO assured me it was working and it appears to be
in good shape, I had my plumber light it and he thought it was running okay
but we didn't have it going for more than two minutes because the trailer is
winterised and I have no idea what's in the tank right now.   Being a newbie
I had it winterized at the local RV shop when they did the State Inspection
and brake work.

My real question is this.

My son will be sleeping on that bed.  Assuming we test the water heater once
we have flushed out the Anti-freeze and it's running okay (ie. no leaks and
producing hot water!), is it safe?!  I am little concerned that it's a gas
appliance under the bed.

Many Thanks,

Ruth Warren.
Nervous newbie.