[VAL] Propane light help needed

    All,

    I have a propane light (mantle type) that has me puzzled.  It's one I've
seen in images of other Airstreams (brown in color) and in the case of the
1969 Caravel is located just inside the door on the left, attached to the
side of the upper locker over the Dometic.  This light has never been fitted
to my trailer and I'd like to put it there.

    My dilemma is that there are four mounting feet as a part of the rear
casting.  They are 1/8" in diameter and NOT tapped with threads.  In
addition, they protrude from the back of the decorative sides by 1/4" such
that the actual aluminum light housing would stand off the bulkhead by 1/4"
if mounted using these feet.

    1.  Are there missing parts for the back necessary to attach it to the
bulkhead?
    2.  Are the mantles that attach to the ceramic base the standard ones
available at any sporting goods store?
    3.  Is the round, half frosted glass lens still available?
    4.  I've seen both squished cylindrical ones as well as flat sided ones
round ones.  Which were appropriate for 1969?

    As always, thanks in advance for your collective help,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508
    Santa Monica CA